Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hand Painted Handbags

Art to Go... Hand painted handbags

A union of two of my favorite things, Painting & Sewing!!

I've been having SO much fun creating these, I love creating purses... and even MORE fun painting my own designs that decorate them. This is my newest adventure, hand painting designs for handbags.

This pretty Golden Yellow & Blue Stripe clutch was created from upcycled materials, using two shirts and my original painting.  It is available to purchase in my etsy site!


~ Linen Autumn Owl Purse ~


This bag was inspired by my love of the autumn season quickly approaching and of quirky owls. The design on this was completely hand painted, the writing is Autumn poetry written on linen.

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth  seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot


This is a small purse (10 inches x 9 inches) it is full of fun details!
Check it out & more pics at my etsy site: Available


This last purse was my guinea pig first creation of the bunch... I really love the way the art & beadwork turned out on this. But the clutch itself is a bit wonkie! I messed this poor lil guy up alot, but it'll be mine to love, with its backwards pocket and all. ;) It was also created from upcycled materials using two shirts donated to me, I love how it has a tropical graffiti look to it!


Check back soon there are more to come, I have a big peacock bag, and fall leaves inspired purse coming soon... and many more ideas on the drafting table!

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! What fun to have a whimsical purse to take on a fun shopping trip. You have been doing artwork since you were 6-7 and we always knew you had a special gift. I love the colors and the lovely flowers hand painted to match and accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm so excited to see what handbags you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really it is a great site which offer hand painted handbags products. I had searching this type of hand bags for my sister. Thanks for informing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I like the combination of the two ideas. I have always been interested in recycling and up cycling. You do a wonderful job of it. I especially like the freestyle stitching on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete